VietLead has put together a Community Resources page containing information and videos regarding voter registration, mail-in and absentee ballots, COVID-19 information in Vietnamese, unemployment compensation, and the 2020 Census for individuals in Philadelphia.
Read more about how VietLead has responded to COVID-19: https://www.vietlead.org/covid19-response
In addition, supported by a tight network of partners, the VietLead Health Team has held 4 Vietnamese-language community webinars on a wide range of topics:
- How to apply to the Philadelphia Small Business Fund with Councilwoman Helen Gym’s Office and the Philadelphia Department of Commerce on Wednesday, April 3rd, 2020.
- 25 Vietnamese businesses attended the webinar on zoom
- 10 applications were submitted with VietLead’s assistance
- How to Apply to Unemployment and New Benefits due to Covid-19 Webinar in partnership with Julia Simon-Mishel of Philadelphia Legal Assistance on Wednesday, April 8th, 2020.
- 27 Vietnamese individuals attended the Zoom call and 400 more have watched our Facebook live video since
- Workers’ Right Webinar in partnership with Community Legal Services in Philadelphia and CATA in New Jersey on May 8, 2020
- 20 workers and community members from Philly and New Jersey attended the webinar
- COVID-19 in Philadelphia & Camden Webinar in partnership with Dr. Ruth Abaya from the Philadelphia Health Department, and My Anh Nguyen, R.N. from Cooper Hospital on Thursday, April 16th, 2020
- This webinar had over 40 people in attendance, and over 1000 views on Facebook in just the four days.
- Reopening Guidelines for Nail Salons and Restaurants in Philly and New Jersey Webinar in partnership with Ting Wang from Philadelphia Office of Commerce and Dr. Tran Huynh from Dornsife School of Public Health.
- We have a dozen workers and business owners attending the meeting. Many more sent in questions and concerns about safety guidelines’ violations that were answered on the webinar.